1:12 scale miniature bubble tea and milkshakes (at the back!) - PVC, epoxy resin, acrylic paints, decals, microbeads
Hi~! It's a pretty warm Sunday here, and although I try not to work on weekends, there's so much to catch up on, and I am eager to complete a little more miniature work before wedding preparations go into full swing. :O
This post was supposed to be about how I put together some LED lighting for the customer area of the shop, but as usual, I mucked things up as I got tired of waiting for some LED bulbs to get here, and instead worked with surface mounted LEDs...ever since Pepper put up her video tutorial on how to make a doll lamp, I have been itching to try it out!
But we all know how crappy I get with following instructions. Attention span of a gnat and all that.
To be very honest, I'm surprised these photos even got taken at all. Looked up parallel circuits to confirm if my memory was correct, and Professor Google did not disappoint once again ^_^
I used dollhouse wire, 32 gauge by Houseworks. I wonder if it's the thinnest available, but it's the thinnest I found last year off ebay, so that's what I got. Though I think I'll save the remainder for when I'm more confident with wiring, shipping was exorbitant and cost almost as much as if not more than the wire *sigh* For future experiments, I'll probably use the wires inside some retired USB cables, if I can remember to do so......
For the lampshades, as usual, overthought stuff and worried about the lights bouncing off the ceiling, so I used these iron-on studs to act as reflectors, and some plastic caps off cheap pencils from a dollar store. Bad move with the iron-on studs, forgot they were metal and kept messing up the circuits until the realization, and /facepalm moment. After which I just coated the exposed wire bits with silicon glue and all was well again.
The plywood that held the circuitry was covered with a piece of plastic from a folder/file that I had lying around. Just plonked it onto the plywood with double-sided tape. I like the effect.
Have I mentioned I tend to overthink things? Although I tested all the wiring before soldering it together, I only added the resistor near the very end. But of course, by using a resistor the lighting was rather dim. SIGH. But I was already COMMITTED to the project! XD
*heavy sighs again* I have to remind myself of the law of diminishing returns, and stop obsessing......yikes.
ANYWAY. the black rods are straws and once the new LED bulbs (wide angled ones) finally get here, I'll rewire it. I like how it looks now, just not how dim it is.
Minecraft legomen are my current indulgence, from a neighbourhood gachapon machine :X
(I'm quite rubbish at sandbox games, not very imaginative :( But I RUVS Minecraft!)
Mishaps aside, also made these wee sodas and frappucinos. I want to make more videos, and although I was all ready to do a brief introduction to vacuumforming video, the headphones that I bought yesterday were analog, and I had not realizied that the replacement laptop I am now using did not have a mic port T-T. Which means I either have to
1) get an adaptor which would cost more than the headphones
2) get a USB headset
I can't even get an exchange as in my excitement to get started, I opened up the box, as if this weren't bad enough, the receipt was with my cousin GRARRGHHHH RAWRRRRRRRRR well. Dad has a new headset now XD
Super super irritated at myself,
I'm becoming seriously more forgetful and distractible over the past year. Age is definitely catching up with me......GYARRGHHH
k. Next post. Then I gotta get going.