Originally uploaded by Snowfern
made these as part of a trade ;)
i'm not a very good keeper of secrets, and i have been harbouring a few of late. let's see what i can and cannot reveal for now... :P
1) giveaway prizes! i'm waiting for Hanna to receive hers before i can post pics, the local recipient has received his, and he has also showed me pics of the items, i'm glad he liked them! but since both parcels are different, well there are some similar items....if i posted them up here...the surprise would be half ruined? XD so...let's hope the holiday mail rush will abate soon....so i can post them up!
2) a secret gift...i'm not even gonna say who the recipient is. but yea. ;) i should be mailing it out tomorrow ^ ^
3) finally, i understand why i had quite a few orders from Spain XD i was featured in a spanish publication!
i believe the CDHM committee sent in an article that featured me? LOL if anyone has a copy, could you kindly scan the page and mail it to me? i would really really appreciate it!
4) CDHM has been really kind to me ^ ^ this month, they have a small feature in their new online magazine, and there's even mention of my pal Asuka ;)
5) another blog, http://dzfantasy.blogspot.com/ had asked on etsy forums if any miniaturists would like to be featured, and a teamMIDS (HI TEAM!) member highlighted it to the rest of us...of course i'd jump at the opportunity! also featured are a few other teamMIDS members, just scroll down, on the left will be links to our etsy stores :)
the blog itself is also very fun-loving and informative. it's chock full of tips and tricks, interviews and features for those who are keen on setting up their own hand-crafted online-shops ^ ^ Thanks Donna!
6) then there's deviantArt. thanks Myntkat! the feature is for December, so you probably have a few hrs left to view it XD in the rush for TDA, this had completely slipped my mind.
7) there is that newspaper report....but i don't know when it'll be published. i don't even know how much of the interview will be published XD so it'll be an embarrassing laugh if it turns out to be only a 1-line mention, but WHATEVER!!! i just hope they don't use any pics of me :X
i have been a member of dA for quite sometime now, but up till miniatures, i've never really thought of myself as being able to create personal works of art (?) i still consider myself more of an artisan/craftsman, but as i gain more experience, i'm finding that i -want- desperately to find a personal style. i want people to be able to identify my works like they would Kiva's or Emmaflam and Miniman (Paris Miniature's) or Stephanie's (Petitplat's) or Kim Saulter's or Mercedes (liberty biberty?) or ....omg the list is loooong....! there are so many new friends i've made..so many other miniaturists i've yet to 'discover'....so many yet-unlearnt-techniques, and old ones to master!
i do not make new years' resolutions, but i am determined to make this year more fun and eventful than the last! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING ME ON MY JOURNEY! and for your support this far ^ ^
(man, this post looks like i'm tooting my own horn. it's supposed to be a milestone/dedication sorta post....AH WHATEVER! :P )
Cindy aka Snowfern Clover ^ ^