Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm a Giant! Challenge Day 2

 Spent more time trying to draw up plans for the roombox than building it, which was pretty pointless since I kept adjusting the measurements and layouts as I was putting together the display units.

messy messy drawings, cos i suck at perspectives XD and the cut out pieces for the counter. I used basswood (1/16" and 1/32" thicknesses) and 1mm (although it seems more like 1.5mm) clear acrylic. 
my handy mooncake box holding down the unit while the glue dries XD

 the counter is almost done. all that's left is to sand, gesso, sand, paint, sand then put in the acrylic top.

will shorten the brass rods when i finally put them in. i think i'll paint the counter white.

Additional cost so far: $0, used materials I had lying about  XD

Previous entries can be found here:


Thank you for taking the time out to comment! :D